Author Topic: Emergency Response Ritual  (Read 52331 times)

lindowyn

Emergency Response Ritual
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
Following discussion of the Omen today, Cedarlight answered the call to action regarding the Oil Spill in the Gulf. You can read current news regarding this catastrophe here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gulf_oil_spill_obama

We organized an emergency ritual plan to help stop the oil leak, minimize the damage and heal the devastating effects of such a catastrophe.

We are inviting those that cannot make it to the rituals to join us in sending energy, simultaneous ritual activity, etc from wherever you are. Invite your Pagan friends and even your non-Pagan pals to help us, either by attending the ritual, sharing in meditation, or adding the prayer to your daily prayers/rituals. Other local Pagan groups and ADF Groves/Protogroves will be notified.

We have prepared a series of prayers (subject to change depending on the current state of the emergency) for three (3) consecutive emergency rituals.

The first prayer is as follows:

"Stop the flow of the oil from the Deepwater Horizon well head with minimal repercussions."

The second prayer is as follows:

"Stop the spread of the oil slick with minimal repercussions to Earth."

The third prayer is as follows:

"Empower the healers in the cleaning of Mother Earth"

The first emergency ritual will be held this Friday, May 7th, at CLG. Meet at 7, the ritual will begin AT 7:30.

The Deities to be honored are as follows:
Thor- called upon by Caryn
Jorth- called upon by Will
Baldur- called upon by Jack(?)

The second emergency ritual will be held next Friday, May 14th, at CLG. Meet at 7, the ritual will begin at 7:30.

The Deities to be honored are as follows:
Manannan MacLir - called upon by Kelly
Lugh - called upon by Taryn
Brigid - called upon by Caryn

The third emergency ritual will be held May 21st, provided the above schedule is consistent with what action is necessary by that point. A pantheon has not yet been officially named. It will be addressed later.

We all agreed that this is not particularly a time for experimentation, and so would be calling upon deities with which we are intimately familiar with to help us produce the best result, (Our patrons, for example) and would be using the ADF ritual format.

This thread is open to discussion regarding offerings and pending thoughts, or any changes that might be made to this schedule. Keep in mind that offerings, as always, must be significant enough to be called a sacrifice. We are asking/pleading a great deal of our Shining Ones, and a gift of this magnitude calls for a gift of similar magnitude.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:42:05 PM by Crystal »

TheArcher777

Re: Emergency Response Ritual
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
This didn't come up in discussion earlier, but something I wanted to propose for the magical working was a concept developed by Isaac Bonewits. Rather than beaming the energy raised in a cone of power or sphere of power over the long distance from Maryland to the Gulf, instead we make use of the ritual center we have already established and send it through time and space essentially directly to the site. I won't try to re-write his theory, rather this is the article I am referencing:
http://www.adf.org/rituals/explanations/stepbystep.html
Please scroll down to the heading "Optional Activity - Spell Casting or Rite of Passage." That can explain the idea more clearly than I would.

I don't think this would be difficult to incorporate because everything we usually do would be the same, except for where we direct the energy. And this should be more fast acting and hard hitting. Also we'll need to procure or print out a map of the area.

Most recent update regarding the capping of the well is that they are nearly finished building a temporary cap for the well that should last for about two months or so (if I remember correctly). Perhaps we should altar the prayer to "Stop the flow of oil from the Deepwater Horizon well permanently with minimal repercussions."

Unless someone thinks that's too much. Because then that area may not be usable for oil ever again in the future.

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »
Got an email from Jack, he's on board.
-Caryn-

lindowyn

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
HURRAY!

bennuheka

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »
I regards to the first rituals prayer I feel we need to keep it just as it is.  The solution that has come about is only tempariry and they are not sure if it will work.  But, on the idea of mundane action being empowered by magick this may be a link that the gods will be willing to work with and through to stop the flow of oil into mother's ocean.

Offline quartz

• CLG Member
  • Druid
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:17 PM »
The center to center theory is a good one to try and employ... I vote yes on that theory!

Keyye

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »
Are we doing consecutive Fridays or are we waiting for the actual events to have resolved before moving on to the next ritual?

debbie

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »
I've believed in the transcendance of prayer thru time for years, so the idea that Isaac has is right at home for me.

lindowyn

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »
Today's updates on the spill:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100503/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill

BP has agreed to foot the bill completely. Evidently they were only leasing the rig.

Latest updates from CNN (which has nearly constant updates)
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/03/roundup-reports-and-perspectives-on-oil-spill/?hpt=C1

An intensive search for names of the missing workers has turned up the following:

# Jason Anderson
# Aaron Dale Burkeen--Crane Operator, leaves behind a 6 year old son.
# Donald Clark
# Stephen Curtis
# Roy Wyatt Kemp, 27
# Karl Kleppinger
# Gordon Jones (M-I SWACO)
# Blair Manuel (M-I SWACO)
# Dewey Revette
# Shane Roshto
# Adam Weise

from here: http://www.deepwaterhorizoncondolences.com/ where some photos are available.

May their passing over be swift, and their spirit with all speed fly.

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
Dear Gulf, I'll Miss You
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

Well yes this about sums up my feelings.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-439533?hpt=C2
-Caryn-

Jessiwolf

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
@Caryn

It makes you want to cry. I know I do.

lindowyn

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:17 PM »
I have been crying...because right now it's all I can do.

debbie

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »
Its why I sang as I did in the beginning when I honored Mother Earth. 

Offline Crystal

• Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
  • Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown