Author Topic: Emergency Response Ritual  (Read 51101 times)

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
Re: Emergency Response Ritual
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
It's important to remember that Will reads the wierd not the runes in the tradition sense but in both cases believe that Thor was saying he is moving into action. 
-Caryn-

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 09:59:21 PM »
Next Ritual this Friday at 7PM?  To the Celtic pantheon or are we continuing with Norse until the spill is stopped?
-Caryn-

lindowyn

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »
Ritual this Friday yes, but honestly I think that we can move on to the Celtic Pantheon and it's Prayer because clean up efforts are being pursued currently, and they aren't using the greatest techniques. No masks on fishermen, etc. Just my thought. :)

We can even rotate these first two rituals until the leak is plugged, and then finish with the third for healing and cleanup.

bennuheka

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 04:32:20 AM »
What Ashley said!

pheonix_seabhac

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »
rotating the first 2 until the leak is stopped is a great idea.  healthy again, 7pm tomorrow it is.

Lokiseinn

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 09:03:13 AM »
I think we had approximately 8 people, so it was very intimate but also very powerful. I could literally feel the presence of all of the people who were attending in spirit, to the point I was -sure- I could feel hands on my shoulders.

Also, I'm fairly certain Thor hung around even after we said goodbye, so this could get interesting. According to the Omen Will drew (using the Elder Futhark), he firmly believes that Thor and Jorth have taken up the task we have asked them to assist us with.

The omen was a past, present, future read. Kelly has better details than I, as she scribed it down for the ritual. Feel free to add, Kelly. :D

Here's what we got:

(past) Jeran http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jera
(present) Sowilo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sowilo
(future) Thurisaz (Thor's Rune) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*%C3%BEurisaz

Again, Kelly can clarify better (and so can Will) but I believe it was read along the lines of: We have lived well in the past, but gone are the times of letting momma earth/other people clean up after our messes. Currently, we are experiencing an utter catastrophe, but in the future Thor will clear/shape the paths. It is a potent omen.

Attaching photos of the altar, Thor's hammer, and the omen.

I use the Elder Futhark, which are not read as "past, present, future" but rather as "current situation/problem, challenge/task, potential result" since Runes are not prophecy, but more Oracle.  Is that reading done left to right, or right to left?  Also was Thurisaz reversed or not?  The reason I ask is that I did a reading using the Runes given and received  different results depending on left, right, reversed, etc. 

Of course if Will did the reading then that changes everything since as Caryn mentioned, Will does not do Runes per se.

lindowyn

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Of course if Will did the reading then that changes everything since as Caryn mentioned, Will does not do Runes per se.

Yeah, Will did the reading, and since I'm not familiar with his "reading the wyrd/weird" method so I'd be pretty much unable to answer that. As far as I know, I saw nothing inverted, and they looked as they did in the photo. Don't hold me to it, though, because again I could not see exactly how they were drawn. :)

Will would be the best person to talk to. *nodnod*

TheArcher777

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
Information on where the oil is believed to be hanging out in the Gulf right now. They say that they believe a portion of the oil has already disappeared or evaporated.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100514/ap_on_sc/us_gulf_spill_where_s_the_oil

Keyye

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 03:43:32 PM »
What about instead of rotating Friday nights, we start incorporating this into WWTOOs on Sundays.  We have already called the gods' attention (or will, as of this eve) and explained the issues and asked for their help. Rotating Fridays to repeat ourselves in the same fashion ends up feeling like when you tell someone you're going to do something for them, but they keep bugging you about it impatiently.

Maybe we should have a modified ritual during WWTOO where we pray for their continued help in resolving this crisis and work it into a prayer.  Many people cannot make Friday evenings, but people who know the Grove know about ROC and know how to fit that into their schedule when they can. This oil crisis will not be an easy fix nor an easy cleanup. We need to keep it in everyone's thoughts and reminding them of ways they can help.

debbie

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »
I just heard on the news that 3 differant experts all agree that from the video of the leak, the amount of oil coming out is more like 70,000 BARRELS a day.  That's 3 Olympic-sized pools full of oil per day. 

The little goey bits coming ashore are tar balls.  Some of the outer islands where wildlife reserves are, are getting hit.

I'm pissed how BP is downplaying the whole damn thing.  "Its a minor leak compared to the ocean."  WTF?  And if the oil is sinking to the ocean floor?  Gee, good by reefs, good by crabbing and crayfishing, good by most fishing because the waters will be toxic. 

Sorry, it makes me angry, this catastrophe.

debbie

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
I was so upset, I mispelt.  Meant to say "goodbye" not "good by".

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »
Awesome ritual last night and we all put in extra effort to tune out the pile of teenagers next door on the trampoline.
-Caryn-

lindowyn

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
I have mixed feelings about last night's ritual. I got the distinct impression that we, including all of the Deities we work with, have work cut out for us and it's going to be a rough ride.

Taryn can elaborate a bit on the Omen, but I will post what I remember. She drew from her Arthurian Legends tarot deck. I am not positive if this was a past present future read, I'm just committing what was drawn to archive.

Page of Swords- "The Adder" representing youthful ignorance
Seven of Swords- "The Sword in the Stone"
Five of Shields(coins/pentacles) "The Wasteland"

One of the many reasons I love those crazy Irish deities: Blunt Honesty.

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
Oh I have no doubt that this whole thing is going to be a huge slap in the face to humans thinking they have control over things like this.  Personally I am working to protect the wildlife and the marine life.  I'm getting that the humans are going to have to play the card that they have dealt themselves.

-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 12:38:30 AM »
Agreeing with you on that, Caryn.