Author Topic: General grove information  (Read 4865 times)

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
General grove information
« on: September 24, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »
Creating a list of general information for members.  Please feel free to add to the list.

The CLG Events Calendar
You can link your gmail calendar with CedarLight's calendar and our events will show up in your calendar. This is very handy if you have a tight schedule like some of us. You go to your gmail calendar and on the left side about 1/2 way down your will see, "Add a friend's calendar." Click that and type cedarlightgrove@gmail.com. Once linked, you have to make sure it's clicked so that it will show up.

The High Rite Attendance Book
We are required by ADF to provide the number of folks attending our HRs in our quarterly reports.  In that respect, it does not matter what name is in the book.  However, if you are a member and interested in keeping your voting status up to date, it is in your best interest to write a name that the Member Coordinator is going to be able to recognize.

Grove Needs
Items that commonly need to be restocked are the same as in any home:  tall kitchen bags, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, zip lock bags (quart and gallon for leftovers to take home), crock pot liners (these make cleanups soooo much easier), sodas (I can’t buy all of them), coffee (apparently the dark roast is easier on the stomach), coffee creamer, sugar, honey, tea (esp if you have a favorite), hot coco, white vinegar (for cleaning), dish detergent, etc.

Things we continuously need help with
House cleaning:  bathrooms, kitchens, windows (Baltimore has a lot of dirt and dust in the air sometimes), porches, pavilion, sweeping, moping, vacuuming, the basement (oh gods the basement)…. Seriously, one or two people just can’t do it all.

Gardens & Yards:  Weeding and tending.  Our gardens need a lot of supervision or they will run quite wild on us.  Please help!   Folks to help mow and weed whack in the summer is also really helpful.  We can’t expect our Grove Warden to do everything, it’s just too much for any one person.

I'm sure there is more.  Thoughts?
-Caryn-

Offline dragonfaerie

• Priestess of Caffeina
  • Witan
  • Druid
    • Under the Shell
Re: General grove information
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:11:43 PM »
Dark roast coffee has less caffeine in it than other roasts. This is why breakfast blends are always a blond roast. I'm happy to bring dark roasts up as they are my favorite type of coffee.

Perhaps we can schedule in one housekeeping session and one yardwork session per quarter? Or a general "work day" once a month on a day we don't have workshops already scheduled, and we can split up both those areas? I'll fully admit that I'm a terrible housekeeper, but my grandmother did teach me how to vacuum and wash windows.
Erin go bragh!

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
Re: General grove information
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:50 AM »
Great idea Karen, let's make it happen!
-Caryn-