Author Topic: Things to Execrate: Moon Rite to Eyes of Ra  (Read 8163 times)

Aleja

Things to Execrate: Moon Rite to Eyes of Ra
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »
This is a companion thread to the planning thread of the Moon Rite to the Eyes of Ra, Sunday Oct 25th.

That rite focuses on a Kemetic-style execration. 

SO WHAT IS AN EXECRATION? 

From the wonderful thetwistedrope.wordpress.com:
"Back in antiquity, execrations were a daily practice in the temples. It’s considered that they might have occurred multiple times daily, even. Execrations were considered integral to keeping the kingdom and all of the Created world safe. Execrations were generally exacted against agents of A/pep [the serpent Ra battled in the underworld after sunset, and against whom he had to prevail for the sun to rise in the morning] and all enemies of the king and/or ma’at [the divine order of the universe; balance, justice].  These rituals weren’t optional - they were mandatory. Ma’at, and all of creation, was always at risk to being undone."

In modern times, we tend to take the sunrise as a given, and the battle against the forces of isfet [destruction, uncreation, injustice] is not something we actively engage in.  We may try to fill ourselves with love and light, but sometimes there are things we need to be rid of, first, to make space.  As thetwistedrope says, "Execrations are good for letting go, for moving on, for destroying bad habits, or for getting negative things out of your life. Anything and everything that could eat away at the happiness in your life could be counter acted with an execration. Don’t like that you’re broke? Execrate anything and everything that is in your way (you could use a ‘foes of Ra’ approach to this). Don’t like that you’re overweight? Execrate your bad eating habits, laziness, or other factors that could be holding you back. Heavy shadow work that you’re trying to work through? Blast that stuff away with a strong execration. Anything and everything can really be enhanced via execration. Execrations are there to demolish things that are blocking your path."

So this is what we're going to do!  Write down that which we do not need, that which does not serve us, that which holds us back, and we're going to BURN AWAY those things, and add our power to Ra as he sinks into the underworld to do battle with A/pep, so that as he prevails over the forces of isfet, so we might prevail over the isfet in our own lives.

All these things we do not need we are going to write or draw or otherwise symbolically enscribe on sheets of Red Paper, which will be available at the grove as soon as I buy some and get there.  However, I thought that perhaps those who cannot attend the rite but still want help execrating things might instead type or paste them in here so that I (or my helpers) can write or print them onto the red paper and your stuff can be burned away even if Sunday nights are bad for you.  This is also probably a good place to get ideas of things to write!

So I'll start with a few things I don't need:

Migraines
Seasonal Depression
Guilt over plans that have fallen through
Emotional baggage related to medical bills

scottobryan

Re: Things to Execrate: Moon Rite to Eyes of Ra
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »
Things i can think of at the moment:

ADHD
Fatigue
Apathy
Depression
The negativity of my coworkers
Cruel and/or negative self talk
Self doubt
Timidness
Procrastination

Aleja

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 01:17:54 PM »
The problematic attitudes of people in positions of authority that allow them to continue to perpetuate abuse and discrimination.

debbie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:04:01 AM »
One word: Andy (not Andy from the Grove)

Can I offer him to the flames cause I really, really, really dont need his torment in my life.

debbie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 02:11:26 AM »
Court trials that go in Andys favor
Andys ambitions
The mental grip he has on his prey
His petition for joint custody

Aleja

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 12:58:06 PM »
One word: Andy (not Andy from the Grove)

Can I offer him to the flames cause I really, really, really dont need his torment in my life.

From a Kemetic perspective, yes, you totally can.  Equivalent of a forceful banishment. 
People have their own views on cursing, but Bast and Sekhmet will totally have your back (if you are in the right) if you are trying to wish someone else ill, or even dead.  So decide how far you want to take it, and they'll meet you there.

(There's a method of execration used on other people specifically in which you symbolically eat their heart, just like Ammut, in the underworld, eats the hearts of the guilty and evil, those who don't pass the Weighing of the Heart test.  Usually in Ancient Egypt you'd eat an animal heart - modern kemetics sometimes eat a heart-shaped bread loaf or something like that.)

...hit me up on facebook if you want to know more?

Aleja

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
As an aside, historically the Egyptians had no conception of karma or sin or the three-fold law...
Just ma'at and isfet.

Ma'at is the balance of truth and justice.  Isfet is all things evil/destructive/etc.

As long as you were on the side of Ma'at, anything went.  The tricky part is making sure you're actually on the side of Ma'at, and not working Isfet instead.  And in Ancient Egypt they frequently wished each other ill/dead/childless/etc, so hypothetically that's all possible.  Granted, it was all "by the power" of some deity or other, so if they were working against Ma'at it probably didn't work out the way they'd planned.  Still, it's worth pointing out that these are goddess associated with war, with destruction, and with vengeance - they are more than capable and willing to work with us in those capacities as well, if we are truly in danger or in need of avenging, and I'd be happy to talk about execrations-as-banishments with anyone, not just Stardanya (hit me up on FB or send me a message on here.)

But the purpose of this rite is more so to get rid of things we're holding on to, ourselves, so I figured we'd keep this thread on that track.

And to that end I would love to be free of migraine triggers.

JohnW

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 12:40:23 AM »
  Oh so very many things...  Need to stop, relax, and plan this one a bit... But rest assured, I'm execrating the HELL out of something.    ;D

corvidwilde

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »
I am not sure if I will be feeling well enough to make it out, but I would like to add some things to be rid of.
Depression
Lack of motivation
Useless fear
Self doubt
Feelings of inadequacy
This cold/flu
Any negativity and strange energy attached to the candle of unknown origin
Self sabotage

Thank you

debbie

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »
Ok, I will not bring him into this rite. No worries.