Author Topic: Contribution for Summer Solstice and Mabon  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Keq

• Druid
Contribution for Summer Solstice and Mabon
« on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »
Ok, I may be getting a little ahead of the planning.  Here is what I wanted to contribute for 2 High Rites that I know I'll be present for. 

For Summer Solstice I would like to bring my ice cream maker and make whatever flavors the grovemates want.  If you want chocolate, then I'll bring cocoa power, but any other flavor then you please bring that.  We can make any flavor with fresh fruit, just bring enough to fill a pint basket or lunch box.

I will bring the dairy, rock salt and ice, tupperware and scoop.  If everyone insists, then I will go the extra mile and bring organic dairy, depending on how strongly we feel about that. 

Keep in mind it takes about 2 hours for each batch of ice cream, but once I get the ice, salt and water mixture just right then we can crank out ice cream all day like nobody's business.  (Pun intended, it's electric).

For Mabon, I was thinking to bring hand puppet material  and apples to carve faces, but not to leave out for the rats this time.  LOL.

Please accept my apologies for not being around too much.  Yesterday, I am sorry to miss Ostara, but I happened upon some classical guitar tickets which I took my Mom.  We needed this quality time together since our relationship has been strained for too long.

-Rebecca

Offline Keq

• Druid
Re: Contribution for Summer Solstice and Mabon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »
OK so 189 views with no replies. After texting with Caryn and Ashley, unless I here different, we've decided the flavors will be chocolate (semi fattening), orange cream (very fattening) and pina colada yogurt with pineapple and coconut (not as fattening).  And strawberry.   ;)

If I start by 2:00 PM. Then all flavors will be done before revels but the last batches may be soft ice cream

I'll check back before I come to CLG.  So if you want something different then post here.

lindowyn

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:10:03 AM »
YAY! This sounds wonderful, Rebecca. Thank you!

Offline Keq

• Druid
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 09:06:20 PM »
Doh!  I left my cell phone at the Grove. It's an HTC phone with light blue backing. I left it on the shelf in the kitchen where I was making ice cream. I can pick it up Sunday unless someone grabbed it and can meet me during the week. My work # is 410-955-8501. Thanks.

lindowyn

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Yes you did! It is waiting for you inside. If you can last til Sunday you can pick it up then. Otherwise I might be able to work out a time to be there. :D

Offline Keq

• Druid
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »
Really?  That would be great.  What does your schedule look like tonight ( Monday), Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or anytime Saturday?  You can call me at work before 5PM most days or message me here. I'll try to call you after 6 PM from my husband's cell phone. Thanks.

lindowyn

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »
Tonight and tomorrow are no good. Once I hear back from a client I'm shooting on Friday I will let you know. :)

Offline Keq

• Druid
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:01:28 PM »
OK. I'll try to call you Wednesday from my Mom's house around 8ish after band practice
So we can figure out something then.  ::)