Author Topic: Canned Food Drive for Ostara  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Crystal

• Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
  • Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
Canned Food Drive for Ostara
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:02:31 AM »
Greetings all,

CedarLight Grove will be holding a non-perishable food drive from now until our Ostara High Rite on March 20th. 

All visitors and members are encouraged to bring 1 (or several) non-perishable foods during any events they participate from now and during the High Rite, however many times they wish.

We will be donating these to a local food bank as part of our first quarter charity event, and may need volunteers to help load them up.  I -think- Chelsea has volunteered to deliver them, but if anyone is able to help her load and unload these items, it would be much appreciated.

We will be providing a box in the parsonage to store these in.  Don't forget to save your receipts for items purchased if you want to get a tax deduction for your donations next year.  These can be placed in a labeled envelop in Dagda's Cauldron :)
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
Re: Canned Food Drive for Ostara
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
This is just a reminder about our canned food drive we are holding from now till Ostara.  Don't forget to bring some non-perishables for the needy.
- Crystal

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
Our canned food donations are fairly sparse.  Please remember to bring some next weekend during the high rite for charity.  I will be sending out an email reminder this week.

We will also need another volunteer to take them to the food bank, whomever knows where one is located and can easily transport them.
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:40:48 AM »
Bumping this again.  Please remember to donate canned goods this weekend.  Put them in your car now if you have to :D  Use coupons if you have to :D  We have a meager collection of goods so far and I'd really like to see a good turn-out for this charity event.  Lets make CedarLight proud :D
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:17:36 AM »
Who would like to volunteer to count and bring our canned food goods to the MD food bank?
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:07:17 PM »
I haven't found one near the Grove that I can drop these off at (if anyone knows of one, let me know :D).  There is one in Carroll County that I remember as a kid that still collects food, but they are not open on Sundays so I will have to figure out a Saturday that I will be in Westminster if no one else find a place by then.
- Crystal

Keyye

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 12:23:28 AM »
MDFoodbank.org

Individuals with Bags or Boxes of Food

Individuals wishing to donate bags or boxes of food for Maryland's hungry have two choices:
1. Deliver the food directly to the Maryland Food Bank at 2200 Halethorpe Farms Road. Please call
    410-737-8282 to arrange your delivery.
2. Donate to a food drive. Check out the map to find food drives in your area:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=113381522905251850751.00045c20a4f300103bf69&ll=39.371995,-76.620026&spn=0.245763,0.44014&z=11

The MD Foodbank is also on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryland-Food-Bank/249727490332

They'll post local events there. We just missed the USPS did a food drive where you could drop food off at MD PO's or with Girl Scouts for donation.

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 10:26:16 AM »
Still looking for a volunteer to take these food goods to a food bank :)
- Crystal

Keyye

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
For any future canned food drive events, here are the details for the Maryland Food Bank:

Individuals wishing to donate bags or boxes of food for Maryland's hungry have two choices:
1. Deliver the food directly to the Maryland Food Bank at 2200 Halethorpe Farms Road. Please call 410-737-8282 to arrange your delivery.
The hours are usually(*) 8:30 am to 2:45 pm, Mon to Friday. (Call ahead to check hours)

2. Donate to a food drive. Check out the map to find food drives in your area.
http://www.mdfoodbank.org/site/c.mgLPIYOzGlF/b.5551751/k.8A63/DONATE_FOOD.htm

books

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
Ok. I'll do it. Will pick it up this sunday.