Author Topic: Swap Party  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Crystal

• Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
  • Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
Swap Party
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:19:05 PM »
I know this is way ahead of time, but I wanted to set up a date in the spring for a Swap Party.  March and April are really busy months, so May it is!

Basically what we'll do is everyone brings items in good condition that they want to get rid of.  We'll set everything up for display and allow for some browsing time.  Then we'll take turns choosing one item for every item we brought.  Everything left over is donated to Goodwill or something.

We may even set up a tagging system if multiple people want the same item, or we can ask for a small fee to participate ($5-$10 or something) which all just goes to the Grove.  It lets you support the Grove, get rid of some clutter, and maybe find something new for yourself.
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

books

Re: Swap Party
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
Hey. How about whatever isn't taken/traded is held for a yardsale for grove funds and whatever doesnt sell then goes to goodwill?

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:04:53 PM »
If someone wants to take up that initiative, sure :D
- Crystal

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

books

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
Can do.

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
We are coming up soon on our Swap Party :D  Start going through your items and put them aside for our big trade day.  I will be posting details soon.  Time to spring clean the clutter!
- Crystal

books

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »
Hey. Is it ok if I bring some stuff over this weekend> I have 5 cartons of stuff and more to come.....and I am running out of room...

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
If it's on Sunday sure.  Saturday we're going to be full of people for Beltane :D
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 06:24:40 AM »
I'm going to come in early Sunday morning to start getting stuff outside and on display.  I'm going to drag whatever tables we have from the basement out for this, and see if we have any hangers for hanging up clothes in the pavilion (I don't actually know that we have many clothes for this, but it's possible).

Anyone that wants to come early to help with this is welcome :) My plan is to be there at 9.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:08:15 AM by Crystal »
- Crystal

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
There are hangers in the basement and there is a pipe or piece of conduit that we have hung up in the past to hang clothes on.  I am sending some of Kay's clothes and a blue tote of knick-knacks and jewelry.  If you want save anything for an auction...feel free.  I will be driving back from VA that day, home late afternoon sometime.

Have fun!
-Caryn-

Keyye

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »
I dropped off a few items the other night at the Grove and put them with some other swap items over by the stereo.

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 08:34:22 AM »
I'm running a little late this morning, but should be there just before 10 or at 10 :)
- Crystal

Wayne

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 10:29:26 AM »
I won't be able to make it today.  I had planned to, but I am not feeling well.  I will see everyone next week.

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
Swap party went fairly well.  A lot of things found new homes, and we have everything else boxed up in the basement.  Liz is going to gradually take some over her house for a yard sale in June.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS YARD SALE.  It should probably just be done on a Saturday (I believe she is looking at the second Saturday in June), and then VOLUNTEERS TO HELP HAUL IT OFF TO GOODWILL the same day so no junk is left at the Grove or at Liz's house.

If you can volunteer for either/both of these please do.

Liz, can you find out what time Goodwill closes?  If we run the yardsale from 8-3 (approx, it can change), with an hour to pack-up what's left, will we have time to drive it all to Goodwill?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:02:10 PM by Crystal »
- Crystal

books

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »

Goodwill is only a 20 minute drive from my house(If there is bad traffic.) and they close on Saturday at 5pm. So the last drop off are at 4:30.

We are looking at JUNE 12. From 8-3. I need someone to post a flyer at Turning Wheel, Mystical Voyage and any other Pagan friendly place.
Something along the lines of:
        Trees are not the only green needed to run a Grove.
         Cedar Light Grove, ADF  is having a fund raising yard sale on June 12 from 8-3
Located at 7222 Sollers Point Rd in Dundalk
Something for every one. Pagan supplies, kitchen ware, collectibles, clothing, artwork....
Help support Baltimore's Druid Grove.

I'll be putting a notice on the Baltimore Mom's groups, facebook, the local SCA boards and the Dragonwings site,. Can someone supply tacks? Ducktape didn't keep the signs up last time. Maybe some balloons? Oh and signs. Does anyone have any poster board?
I have a pop-up and a small pavilion that is difficult for one to put up.  So if someone could come by on Friday to help me put them up I'd appreciate it.

Also if you have anything boxed up that you want to just drop on by here for the sale, please email me or call me or just come by and drop it with a note on the covered side porch.  Thanks.

I'm thinking that most items will be $1.00. So if there is anything that you think deserves a reasonable price put a note on it and we will try to get that much for it.
 Let me know who is doing what by next Sunday. And I can't think of anything else....