Author Topic: Yule 2009 Fundraising Auction and Activities!  (Read 19147 times)

Offline Crystal

• Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
  • Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
Yule 2009 Fundraising Auction and Activities!
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
Greetings all!

I have started taking and accepting pictures for the items we will be auctioning this Yule High Rite to support CedarLight Grove.  Attached you will find many of the items that will be available.

If you donated an item to be auctioned off, please email me at crystal@cedarlightgrove.org with your "minimum" starting bid :)

ALSO!

If you are a member (and even if you aren't a member) we will be having a talisman making workshop during the long hours of the long night.  Barry has requested some details about the type of talismans we are interested in making in this thread: http://www.cedarlightgrove.org/board/index.php?topic=3459.0

Please provide your requests if you plan to participate.  It's going to be an -awesome- workshop.  We had a lot of good ideas today.

Now, onto auction items!  These are just a preview of some of the items we've received so far.  We also have some small door prizes we'll be giving away as well.  Prices for door prize tickets will be $1 for 1 ticket, $5 for 6 tickets, and $10 for 20 tickets.

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
Re: Yule 2009 Fundraising Auction and Activities!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
Some more items :)

A "Bag of Magic" provided by Barry, and a VERY generous donation of incense and it looks like a Crystal from Magicks Mystic Blessings (I say that right, Barry?)

Also some necklaces provided by Debbie.

Don't hesitate to take pictures of any items you are willing to part with for this auction.  I want it to be the biggest and best we've ever had :)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:03:16 PM by Crystal »
- Crystal

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

TheArcher777

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »
Seeing as there was interest, I would be willing to donate a print of the picture I made for Samhain for auction.

debbie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 09:00:35 AM »
Awesome!  That picture was powerful.

books

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
Well I don't have a camera to take a photo with, BUT I Brought in a Hexagonal Tin (holds 64 oz) with a fruit motif that I will auction off. The winner has the choice of the following homemade cookies : Italian Ricotta Cheese, Chocolate Cherry Chip or Oatmeal.

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
MMm cherry chocolate chip you say?

It might be better to have the cookies baked for the auction, simply because a new guest may be visiting and win it, and they may not come back.  It'd make it more enticing to have them there and ready :D

I could do my judge winning cherry brownies with homemade chocolate ganache as a prize.  And I'll even cut up samples for people to taste test.
- Crystal

books

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 09:52:40 PM »

True that might work better... The only problem is that I'm not sure if I can make it to the auction. If I leave them on the porch the day of would that work?

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
Most of us will be there by noon if not earlier to set up and prepare, so someone should be there to snag em for you :)
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 06:39:35 AM »
I just got word that we may have a drinking horn stand, a bone spear head, and a metal spear head at the auction this year :)  I don't know what/if there will be a minimum bid, but the minimum bids are always reasonable and never seem to be that high.

I won't see them likely till the 13th, but I will post pictures on the forum and send an email when I do.
- Crystal

TheArcher777

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 08:12:02 AM »
SPEAR HEAD!  :o

Omg, people may have to fight me for that!

debbie

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 08:35:18 AM »
I'll take ya on....no wait.  I saw how you and Ashley were at Midsummer!   :o

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »
I am gonna donate a bottle of Blueberry wine for the auction as well.  It was brewed by the Members Advocate of ADF, Art Shipkowski, who has won several mead contests and such at various festivals.

Some of you had some of it at my housewarming party that he was at in September :)
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »
Sum of Items so far:

- Bag of Magic from Bennu
- Incense, crystal, and incense burner gift set from Magicks Mystic Blessings
- Bone spearhead
- Metal spearhead
- Several beautiful necklaces from Debbie
- Several large quartz pieces
- A medium smoky rutilated quartz
- A small piece of yellow calcite
- A small jade pyramid
- A papyrus alphabet piece
- A blue agate (may be several of these)
- A bottle of blueberry wine from the Members Advocate of ADF
- A drinking horn stand
- Chocolate Cherry cookies in a tin
- Cherry brownies with homemade cherry ganache
- Several artistic prints from Ashley and Taryn
- Healing/Aries Rosary by Ashley
- Medusa sconce/shelf
- Crystal Skull
- Tibetan Bell?
- Artwork and statuary provided by Jim

Caryn are you doing a cloak?  Are any of our knitters doing hats, scarves, or gloves?

Anything not sold will be left over for another high rite, possibly Imbolc.

Oh and some of our doorprizes so far:
- Bags of sage incense
- Some holiday ornaments
- A tarot reading by Bennu that evening, a $40 value!
- Kat is volunteering to pick up some small prizes as door prizes too
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 11:10:31 PM by Crystal »
- Crystal

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »
Updated the list with door prizes we have so far as well.  I'm gonna try to do some shopping for some more this weekend.

Also we are going to be decorating the Yule tree this Sunday, and Ashley and I might be hanging lights out up front.  Anyone else want to help decorate?  We could probably use some more helpers and/or decorations :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:00:49 PM by Crystal »
- Crystal

lindowyn

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
I'm donating one of my pagan rosary necklaces to the auction! You know, those things you guys always see me beading together and generally making a mess.

This one is designed with the ancestors and those that need healing in mind. It is made of glass beads, silver/nickel plated findings, blue aventurine, and swarovski crystal.

Blue Aventurine is an Aries stone that is said to open the third eye chakra. It's a mental healer that helps to increase positivity and vitality.

The necklace is finished with a locket piece (double sided, one side has an aster design, and the back side has ornate swirlies), that can have a photograph placed inside. The idea is to focus your concentration and prayers on the individual in the locket, be they ancestors or someone that just needs a pick-me-up and a positive outlook.

It also sparkles a lot, so I added a picture of some of the sparklies. Cause I'm a big fan of things that sparkle.

Attaching photos!