Author Topic: Seers Guild Lecture  (Read 4683 times)

Offline mahreen

• CLG Member
  • Druid
Seers Guild Lecture
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »
I dont see anything posted for a worshop this Sunday.  I'll do a Seers Guild Lecture pn the Celtic Crossing Using the Ryder Waite Tarot if anyone is interested.  Or this can be scheduled latter on if more more appropriate.

(((hugs))  Will

Pagandenma

Re: Seers Guild Lecture
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »
I'd love to do this!  Do we need to paint this weekend though, if it's not raining?

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:18:52 PM »
Here is my proposal
-We start WWTOOs at about 11am
-At Noon (or after WWTOOs)  we work on a few small projects like
--prime coating the rails where the paint has come off to metal
--repainting the metal railings in forest green
(I have all the paint)
--Possibly painting the steps and non-skiding them (its easy I'll show ya)
--Cleaning the railings, stairs, and behind the rails area of the steps up to Apt B (They are a mess..and I recommend a heavy duty cleaner)
--Possibly glue some new stair treads on those steps
  (I want to coordinate this activity with John so that we can do both sets of steps at the same time so we don't have 1/2 used tubes of liquid nails laying around in the basement) So it might not get done on Sunday.

If we start at noonish we and have a few folks working on this, hopefully we can wrap up by 1-1:30 and then do a workshop while everything dries.

-I "HIGHLY" recommend old clothes or something to put on while painting.  I know... I have ruined many a piece of clothing thinking that --I-- wasn't going to get any paint on --me--  Yeah right

If this is acceptable, let me know and we can run with it.
-Caryn-

lindowyn

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:25:08 AM »
Sounds good. And sticky.

Offline Crystal

• Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
  • Web Goddess
  • Druid
  • Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
Well I did something to my bad knee yesterday, so I won't be down.  It looks like rain up here anyway (not sure if it's raining down there), so outside painting wouldn't be possible anyway (since that's what I was comin down for).

If ya'll can hold off on painting till next weekend, I'll be down.
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

Pagandenma

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:48:36 AM »
Doing this Memorial Day Weekend might be a good idea - we'd have more time and there is sunny dry weather in the forecast.

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:57:57 PM »
Hussah to Will for putting this together it went exceptionally well. 

We covered the vedic origins of the tarot and began an explanation of the chakras and how they relate to the major arcana.

This was only the beginning of this topic and we are really looking to see if some folks are interested in having regular lore meetings on divinatory processes.  Please see the seer's guild thread and lets talk.
-Caryn
-Caryn-