Author Topic: Membership Coordinator Announcement  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Crystal

• Senior Druid Emeritus & Trustee, Webmaster
  • Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
Membership Coordinator Announcement
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
Just a small note, all membership dues and/or fees from winning auctions, etc must be placed in an envelop and labeled when paying for them.  Otherwise loose money in the cauldron has no way of being identified as to who put it there.

Unfortunately if you put money in the cauldron without labeling, but it was to pay for something specific, it cannot be counted towards that due.

Folks who pay online have an easier time because we can track those transactions electronically, but it still helps to label in the comments what that money is for.
- Crystal
Senior Druid Emertius and Board of Trustee, Webmaster, Naturalist and Bard

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

angelofastheny

Re: Membership Coordinator Announcement
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »
Crystal darling,

How does one specify on the PayPal website that they're donation $$$ towards membership?  I almost renewed my membership but there was no way to designate and I wanted to make sure it went the right way.

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:37:48 PM »
There should be a comment box once you submit the payment.  BUT if it doesn't work for you, just sending us an email afterwards letting us know is fine :)  We've had members do that before as well.

Online transactions are easier to track, so there isn't much of a problem with those.  It's when we have $200 in the cauldron and someone says "Oh, I paid my membership and put it in the cauldron", we really have no way of knowing if that's entirely valid :D
- Crystal

The true show of one's faith is the willingness to go from top to bottom and be just as vigilant and devoted to the "cause". - Crystal Groves

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. " - Dwight Eisenhower

"You shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back" - Author Unknown

Fiamma

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:09:42 PM »
It's when we have $200 in the cauldron and someone says "Oh, I paid my membership and put it in the cauldron", we really have no way of knowing if that's entirely valid :D

That's why you ask them to put it in one of the provided envelopes and mark it as such or hand it straight to a Witan member (if they are able to take it)

;)

Renee

Offline Crystal

• Web Goddess
  • Druid
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »
You'd be surprised at the amount of people who just stick it in the cauldron and tell us about it a week later :D
- Crystal

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
Note:
Please do not hand money to Caryn and expect Caryn to remember that you A) did that or B) what it was for
Please put it into an envelope and put it into the cauldron.

I usually have my mind on about 30 different things all the times and I can't tell you how many times the above has happened.  Having the envelopes there is good for a lot more things than just tax purposes.

If its in an envelope in the caldron, it all gets put into the same place and gets counted (and recorded) at the same time...  you get the picture
-Caryn-

Fiamma

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 08:43:29 PM »
Note:
Please do not hand money to Caryn and expect Caryn to remember that you A) did that or B) what it was for
Please put it into an envelope and put it into the cauldron.

hehe...sorry I emant hand it to a witan member as in....put it in the appropriately marked envelope AND...

Renee