Author Topic: Cemetery Cleanup for the dead  (Read 9431 times)

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
Cemetery Cleanup for the dead
« on: October 23, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
Rob Walshe let me know that there will be another cemetery cleanup this year on Dec 9th at 9AM.  These usually don't last but a couple of hours.  The cemetery is not far from CedarLight and in the Hamilton area.  `

It's an old abandoned cemetery a few blocks south of the grove at 3821 Forrester Ave, Baltimore MD 21206.  It was a private cemetery used by the farming families that owned the land back in the 19th and early 20th century.  The local community gets together about once a year to clean it up and CedarLight has helped out in this in the past a number of times.

The months of November (Samhain) and December (Yule) both have all kinds of associations to the dead and are thus quite an appropriate time to be doing a little service for them. 

Please let me know who might be interested so I can coordinate. 
Thanks!
Caryn
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:33:44 PM by carynml »
-Caryn-

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
Re: Cemetery Cleanup for the dead
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Eric G is taking the lead on this as Will and I will be attending a memorial service on Saturday.
Don'd forget to bring a pair of work gloves and maybe a rake or a small pair of pruners.

Caryn
-Caryn-

Offline EricGernat

• Scribe
  • CLG Member
  • Druid
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:52:36 PM »
Sorry I wasn't at the Grove last Sunday. I did go to the cemetery cleanup on Saturday though. It only took an hour with the other volunteers from the community. A good experience and everyone was friendly and well organized! I'd definitely do it again, schedule permitting.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »
Hail Eric for representing CedarLight in the cleanup.  Rob came up to the grove that Sunday to say hi and thank us for participating.
-Caryn-

Offline dragonfaerie

• Priestess of Caffeina
  • Witan
  • Druid
    • Under the Shell
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:12:04 AM »
I'm sorry we had to bug out due to the snow. Hopefully we will be able to come out next time. Hail to Eric for being brave!
Erin go bragh!

Offline Francesca

• CLG Member
  • Druid
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »
Maybe we can do a SPRING cleanup?
As new growth starts...

Offline EricGernat

• Scribe
  • CLG Member
  • Druid
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
I'd be interested schedule permitting.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R. Tolkien