This year’s Yule Rite ritual will be December 19th, 2020. Our prayer is: Rekindling the Fire Within
4:30 PM: Zoom room will open to the public.
5:00 PM: There will be a pre-ritual brief to explain the rite.
5:30 PM: The rite will start.
NOTE: Due to COVID regulations, Cedarlight Center will only be open to a pre-determined skeleton crew of ritual team participants. All are welcome to join us via Zoom. Zoom login information is also pasted at the bottom of this page.
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
This has been a very long dark year. We are all spent, emotionally, mentally, and physically. At Yule, we welcome the return of Sunna and light.
We will also be honoring Frigga and other members of the Norse pantheon during the rite, and all members of Cedarlight Grove who have signed the membership book are invited to renew their membership oath as a magical working.
- Flame meditation self-care: Starting Dec 1, take some regular time to dedicate to meditating with a flame and focus on grounding, restoking your inner fire, and reconnecting with your power. You might want to find a cool song to listen to with this, or you might want to use the two powers meditation.
- Yule cards to the gods or ancestors
- Holiday foods & spice bundles that can be put into your fire at home
- Bardic works you have created (please let the ritual team know if you have a praise offering you’d like to perform)
- A holiday recipe you enjoy making to contribute to our Cedarlight Yule Recipe exchange
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite, except as part of a designated time in the liturgy for personal magical working.
- PLEASE KEEP YOURSELF MUTED ON ZOOM unless you are giving an individual invocation as part of the liturgy or performing a praise offering. Group call and responses should remain muted unless otherwise requested by the Chief Liturgist. Attendees who continually disrupt the ritual with background noise because they are unmuted will be removed from the Zoom room.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite.
- During our Yule Rite, the members of CedarLight have the ability to reaffirm their oaths to CedarLight. This is optional, but is also for members who have signed the book only.
If participants wish to hang out after the rite, the Zoom room will remain open for socializing. Feel free to bring dinner and make it a virtual potluck! We won’t even nag you about washing the dishes!
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $10 per person. This can be contributed online via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.
Yule Recipe Exchange
Since we can’t be together this year to do our usual gift exchange, we’ve decided to do a recipe swap instead. Please send us a recipe for your favorite holiday dish or beverage and we will compile them into a PDF to share.
Zoom Login Information
The Zoom room will open for the rite at 4:30pm. Please do not try to log in earlier than this, you’ll be sitting in the lobby all by yourself!
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 468 067 1478
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/