Author Topic: Emergency Response Ritual  (Read 53698 times)

lindowyn

Re: Emergency Response Ritual
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »
Alright sho.

I will be there tonight as early as I can be, which will likely be sometime around 5:30 ish, latest.

The prayer for this evening will be to "Re-oxygenate the depleted waters of the Gulf". Although I am not entirely sure who the primary deities will be, I will have made a decision by then if no one offers their suggestions.

This ritual will begin -promptly- at 7:30. Do not be surprised if I leave during conversation to begin the ritual-- I'm not trying to be rude, but these rituals have been running far too late and it's unfair to the tenants and our neighbors to be very noisy at that time of night.

What I AM doing, though, is I am bringing art supplies with me to offer to the ripple project. http://ripplesketches.blogspot.com/

I am in contact with the organizer of the project, and she would be delighted if we, as a Group of Friends, were moved enough by spirit to donate sketch cards we could make a difference there too.

I will have the materials when I arrive, and we should be able to finish up afterwards as long as the ritual doesn't run too late. I thought it would be a cool idea for a group offering. If you're worried about your artistic ability (or lack thereof), please click that blog link. Your artistic ability does not matter.

What say you, CLG?

Suggestions? Pending thoughts? Letters of resignation?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:53:44 AM by lindowyn »

bennuheka

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 03:26:25 PM »
I am off to the doctors AGAIN, because of this cold, cant seem to shake it.  So, with regret I will not be there tonight, sorry.
Bennu

debbie

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »
I couldn't shake my cold and it turned out I had bronchitus.  Be well.  Glad you are going to the docs to get it taken care of. Hope to see you soon.

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
Are we doing this again on Friday?
-Caryn-

lindowyn

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
This Friday, the group of us that volunteered to go and represent CLG at Wickerman would not be able to attend on Friday evening. Perhaps Will wishes to lead it?

debbie

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:39 PM »
I will actually be able to attend this time if one is held.  Been wanting to attend one since CL started them.

debbie

Will there be one tomorrow evening or will everyone be at Wickerman?
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »
?

lindowyn

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »
I know that Caryn and Will are planning on being there, and I believe Susan is planning on being there at the minimum. Soooo you should go! :D

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »
I know for a fact that I will be there.  I'm going up early to touch up the last of the painting in the front part of the GS.
-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
Great, then I'll finally be up there.  Is there anything I should bring?  How long does it last (not that it matters tomorrow night)?

Can't wait to see what you have done with the walls, Caryn.  Did you just primer or did you paint them also?

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »
@ Debbie,  bring any offerings that you might want to make.  There have been lots of songs and vows of service made.

Since I have not organized one of these yet I thought maybe I would do this one.  The primary patrons will be 'all healing entities' so deitites, spirits, guides, ancestors, nature spirits, etc.  So when we call to the Kindred we will be calling to the healers.  We will make offerings and raise some energy to send to them to enlist their help.  Then as the magical working, since there will be people there who have not had Reiki 2 training, I will lead the folk on a journey to do distance healing. 

The patient is the Earth Mother and her body is bleeding,  we will journey to the site and apply pressure to the wound and psychically stitch the wound shut and work to release the tension in the body that is causing the blood to fountain out.

Its a different approach than we have previously tried but it came to me this morning and it feels right.  It's what I would do if it were a human patient.
-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
K.  Going to do something I am also going to do at the Midsummer High Rite.

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
Are we doing something together this Friday?  If so what?
-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2010, 11:13:56 PM »
If you are doing something for this Friday, I can make it up there.

lindowyn

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »
Since I have heard nothing else, I propose we do more ripples (painting/drawing) at the Grove this evening.

Barring that, we could also consider making a little road trip to the Bay just to appreciate it. Maybe even swim in it...because no one really knows what will happen there if the oil reaches it. Or when.