Author Topic: Emergency Response Ritual  (Read 53694 times)

debbie

Re: Emergency Response Ritual
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »
There be SHARKS in them there watrs!!!!!!  This lady is respects them, but really doesn't care to see them upclose.   :o

debbie

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
Hey, if we are going to the Bay, why not do a ritual there, blessing the waters since the Bay is ocean water and all oceans connect and thus are connected to the Gulf of Mexico.

debbie

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »
Find someplace secluded, and do a ritual there.  I have this picture in my mind of being in cloak facing a sunset over the water and offering high a pitcher of pure water, then pouring it into the Bay.

lindowyn

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
I rather like sharks >.> I'd be more concerned about other things though. Like discarded needles and snagged fish hooks. We could make a journey to a more Southerly location though...away from the city. If we wanted to keep it local though, there's Rocky Point I think it's called? There'd be a fee though since it's the summer. Fees are lame.

debbie

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2010, 11:35:11 AM »
So are angry public people who keep calling, yelling at me cause they aren't grown up enough to accept the fact that they won't always get answered. 

I'm ok now.  lol

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2010, 11:37:59 AM »
Most of the parks close at sunset.  There is Down's park at the end of Mountain Rd in Pasadena.

Its $6.00 per car

The John H. Downs Memorial Park offers more than five miles of paved and natural trails, including a self-guided nature trail. The park also has a playground, four handball courts, two ball fields, and three basketball courts available to visitors on a first-come, first-serve basis.

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/parks/downs/index.cfm

there are others closer up.
-Caryn-

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »
Fort Smallwood Park

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/launch/fortsmallwood.cfm

I don't know about wearing capes Debbie, and we would probably need to bring mondo bug repellant for any place near the water.

See map here
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=39.164002&lon=-76.479067&zoom=17
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:51:31 AM by carynml »
-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
You all tell me where we are going, if we are meeting up first to carpool, when we meet up etc, and I'll join you.

lindowyn

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
I think we should meet up @the Grove at 6:30, decide, and carpool. We don't need to do a full ritual, it can be a simple meditation.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:40:44 PM by lindowyn »

Keyye

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:27 PM »
Since most parks close at sunset and don't usually allow fire, I like the meditation route.  I would be interested in doing a long meditation and focus on the gulf near whatever body of water we choose.  I do vote for something with a short drive time from the Grove (sorry Southern MD!)  Fort Smallwood does look nice, I'm also cool with Rocky Point, and if we're desperate, North Point State Park.

I'll try to get to the Grove as close to 6:30 as possible.

Weather Forecast: 20% chance of thunderstorms today. It's 88 degrees currently, will drop off a bit in a few hours.  Sun Set at 8:34 PM EDT,
Civil Twilight    9:06 PM EDT, and Nautical Twilight    9:46 PM EDT, Astronomical Twilight    10:32 PM EDT.  Moon Set at 6:50 PM EDT.

Keyye

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
If anyone has any Ripples artwork that they created they want to donate to the cause, please bring it tonight if you're coming

Keyye

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »
Down the street from North Point Park is Fort Howard Park, which is down on the tip and has more wooded shoreline.  Drive time is ~30 mins.

See the satellite view here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl&q=fort%20howard%20park%2C%20md

Park Info:

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Agencies/recreation/countyparks/historicsites.html

There's a lot of small parks along the bay coast up and down MD!

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »
I'm good with either of these, never been to them so I don't know the way around. 

It might be easier if Will and I meet you there as its much shorter distance for us that way. 

If you meet at the Grove at 6:30 do you think you would be at the park by 7? 7:30? 
-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2010, 04:54:56 PM »
Ok, I'll be at the Grove around 6: 3o.  Don't have any bug spray so is there still some at the Grove?

lindowyn

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »
Well we have yet to decide which park we will be going to, so we can always call you at home when we've figured it out. Does that work?