Author Topic: NAMI Walks: Mental Health Awareness Month!  (Read 4029 times)

TheArcher777

NAMI Walks: Mental Health Awareness Month!
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »
Hey Folks!

So, May is Mental Health Month and on the 31st of May (that's a Saturday), an organization known as NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is hosting a walk in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. NAMI is a grassroots organization that helps to promote education and awareness of mental illness issues as well as advocate better treatment and care for those who suffer from these illnesses. More on this group can be found here: www.nami.org

I am spearheading a team of walkers for CLG to participate in this walk! Registration and walking is free! FREE!! They only ask that we help to fund-raise money for the organization.

Details of the event:

When: Saturday, May 31st from 3-6pm
Where: West Shore Park, Inner Harbor

This is a family friendly event! There will be food trucks, children's events, exhibit booths and give-aways! Each individual who raises as least $100 gets a NAMIWalks t-shirt. Each team that raises $1000 gets entrance into the VIP tent. :)

SO PLEASE JOIN ME! You can either email me directly at taryn@cedarlightgrove.org for an invitation OR register directly at www.namiwalks.org/maryland and select our team (CedarLight Grove).

If you can't walk, please donate to our team to support this great cause!: namiwalks.nami.org/clg.