Author Topic: Emergency Response Ritual  (Read 53648 times)

pheonix_seabhac

Re: Emergency Response Ritual
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »
Ash, when you get the chance could you post the omen from the ritual Friday evening? thanks

debbie

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
Pheonix, I hope you and Bennu are fairing better than myself right now, health wise.  Feel better soon.

Newest report:  The cutting of the pipe and capping of said pipe "has never been done at this depth" and that's a quote.  He didn't say "never been done successfully at this depth" but never at this depth period.  So they have no clue what to expect.  50-50 shot.  And it will be several MORE days before they do this.  Their best bet, they say, are the relief wells which won't be ready until August.

I'd scream but my throat is on fire at the moment.  Someone else can scream for me.

pheonix_seabhac

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2010, 03:32:18 PM »
Hope you feel better soon Deb, Bennu and I are finally getting over it but it's been over 3 weeks. 

This new plan runs significant risk of incresing the oil flow by I think they said 25% for the period of time between cutting the pipe and placing the cap.  I am afraid of the mess if they can't cap after they have cut.  Not sure it's worth the risk, but there doesn't seem to be much else they can do.

debbie

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »
World news just showed that at the pipe itself, BP is pumping that toxic chemical to disperse the oil.  Look for the yellow hose that is spraying the oil coming out of the pipe. 

That TOXIC chemical that the government wanted them to stop using.

I saw people in the south were protesting near BP stations to boycott them.  I say seriously that we might want to consider doing the same, not that it would do any good, but it would sure feel good.

debbie

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »
Also on the news, they interviewed a guy dealing with trying to save the environment down there (not a BP guy), and he said where ever they used that toxic dispersant, the water was a dead zone.  Nothing was there.

I get angrier and angrier the more I learn.

lindowyn

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »
As requested, the omen from Friday night was as follows:

Seer: Kelly
Tool: The Animal Messengers Deck
Method: One Message (not past, present, future)

Llama: Let courage lead you to seek support and overcome a fear of intimacy.
Baboon: In love and declarations of passion, heartfelt communication is the key.
Mouse: Be persistent and incisive and all obstacles can be overcome.

This Omen was spot-on in that it reflected what we had been discussing all evening. Do not let fear get in the way; have courage and step out of your comfort zone to express your passion. Be careful to express heartfelt communication and be persistent.

This is hard, and this oil spill might seem like an insurmountable obstacle that has left many of us drained, depleted, upset, and feeling helpless/hopeless. We must not give up. We must persevere and continue doing the work, no matter what. This omen was encouragement from the Shining ones we had called (Brigid, Manannan MacLir, and Goibniu the artificer) to continue doing as we are and working hard.

Don't be disheartened by the doom gathered around us; we can rise above it and we will.

This Friday's Emergency Response Ritual

I am currently in the process of writing up Friday's ritual, and as it stands the primary deities of the evening will be Manannan MacLir as gatekeeper, and Brigid and Morrigan as primaries.

The prayer is to "Empower the Healers in the Cleaning of Mother Earth". It is worded thus for a reason. We will be asking Brigid to heal what can be healed, and Morrigan to heal those that can only be healed by passing on by easing their transition. It is both a healing and passing over rite, both of which are healing. We will be honoring those that have already passed, those who will pass, and those who need healing INCLUDING ourselves.

For those interested in participating or looking for parts, please contact me. The Kindred will be called at once by the same person. Earth and the Outsiders will be called by different people.

The Magical working will be a very literal one, and I am still deciding on how to perform it. There is currently the possibility of using fake blood and bonds, and I recognize that both can put some folks out of their comfort zones. However, referencing the above Omen, I think that's alright. We're going to have to get our hands a little dirty and do the work, afterall.

I am open to ideas and suggestions, but please don't be offended if we don't wind up using them. I'm kinda particular about what sort of energy to build and how to go about it, but chances are I'll probably agree with you.

:)

lindowyn

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »
I was inspired to rewrite this song for Manannan a couple of Friday Rituals ago, and I figured it wouldn't hurt anyone for me to post it here so that everyone could at least see the lyrics before Friday.

It is to the tune of the Beatles' "Let It Be", and some lyrics didn't need altering. It is specifically designed to speak of the Gulf Oil Spill, for what it's worth, but it could be reused if it's actually any good.

Attaching teh file.

Keyye

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
Lovely song, although I am quite biased, what with the Manannan and Beatles all over it.  Good for any appropriate occasion and the BP oil crisis in particular. Saved and faved.

I won't be able to attend next Friday's rit, but post what details here you can. I'd love to hear about how it goes.

debbie

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »
Thank you for posting the Omen.  It is a source of great encouragement.

I won't be able to attend this Friday again.  Babysitting my grand daughter the entire weekend.

Offline carynml

• Senior Druid Emeritus and Priest
  • Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »
I am headed up soon, Will is coming after work.  i might try to mow the sanctuary.  I have wood and an extra lawn mower in the truck.
-Caryn-

debbie

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2010, 09:21:48 AM »
I'm hearing reports that weeks before the "spill", Goldman Sachs sold off several million Pounds Sterling worth of DP stocks, and that several days before, one of the head guys at DP did the same.  I need to find verification for this.

If its true, I might take you up on your idea, Bennu.

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
I am all for working towards the truth being revealed and justice served but we have to be carefull as we all bear some responsibility.
-Caryn-

bennuheka

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
This would be very well thought out before any magick is worked.  Most all the truth and justice deity look at the situation and judge everyone including the casters.  So, I do not make this offer lightly.  Truth is usually the easiest and has the least of the repercussions that most are afraid of, but, if justice is to be called then, well, the question becomes, How serious are you to healing the earth and its seas, animals and people?  Sometime we have to sacrifice a part of ourselves and then hang on.  I will not kid you here justice magick can and usually does come with a heavy price and we the casters do not have say in how it will come or what the price will be.  So, let's talk about it get ourselves in line and see where it goes on the other thread I created for this discussion.

Offline carynml

• Witan
  • Druid
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
Will and I will not be there this weekend Fri or Sun.  We are visiting his folks in CT.  Somebody will need to open the Grove on both days.
-Caryn-

pheonix_seabhac

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »
May have to work late tonight, if I don't make it that's why. :-[