This year’s Imbolc Rite ritual will be February 4th, 2017 at CedarLight Center. The main ritual starts at 5pm, the doors open to the public at 3pm. Please arrive no later than 4pm so that you won’t miss the pre-ritual brief. All High Rites are open to the public, so feel free to bring a friend 🙂
Times are subject to change, please check before you leave.
Lore of the Season & Ritual Information
Prayer: Spreading the mantle of Brigid across the land in protection.
Deities: Cailleach and Brigid
On the eve before Feb 1st, Brigid is said to walk the land and blessing any kind of garment or cloth that we have left out. We are going to being these in and place them on top of a map of the land. If you want to participate in this part, you need to bring whatever it was that you left out to be blessed.
- Incense, Flowers, & Herbs
- Milk & Honey
- Bardic works you have created (please let the ritual team know ahead of time so they can slot you in)
- Do not honor deities of different pantheons than those being honored at this rite
- Keep all electronic devices like cellphones and tablets off or turned down. Electrical devices ARE, however, allowed to be used to recite offerings.
- Offerings will be mainly given in silence as a group, but if you have something you wish to say, sing, or recite, let the Chief Liturgist know ahead of time so they can make time for your offering
- Do not declare any oaths during the rite without expressed permission from the Chief Liturgist well before the rite.
- If your children are noisy or wandering around the ritual space, please remove them temporarily until they can compose again in the ritual space. We are very children friendly, but we also don’t want them accidentally falling into the ritual fire.
- Membership Beads may be available for members only. Please do not take a bead if you are not a registered member of CedarLight.
- If you are sick, we ask that you not drink from the horn or chalice during the Waters of Life. We will make sure to have personal vessels available so you can still drink from the Waters of Life without sharing germs 🙂
- Do not take offerings off of the altar that are not yours
What to Bring?
Bring a Dish for the Potluck!
Participants who bring a dish to share are welcome to participate in the feast. Your dish should serve approximately 6-10 people. Please label whether your dish has meat or not on an index card or paper for our vegetarians. It’s also a good idea to list the ingredients if available for other food sensitivities.
Suggested Seasonal Food to Bring:
- Stews and Soups
- Beef Jerky
- Milk and cheese oriented dishes
- Anything Seasonal!
There are cans of sodas and bottled water available at the Grove for 50 cents each. Feel free to contribute beverages to the Grove!
The High Rite will be done outdoors, and it may be chilly. So be prepared and bring some warm clothes. If you have a chair you’d like to sit in during the High Rites, we suggest bringing that too.
***Toe warmers are your friends!***
All CedarLight events have a suggested donation of $10 per person. This can be contributed to Dagda’s Cauldron either at the Grove, or online via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations go towards CedarLight Center bills and upkeep.
Children and Pets
We do not have children’s activities planned for this rite. Children are always welcome, but please be sure to attend your children at all time. We encourage the teaching of proper ritual etiquette. Pets however, are not allowed.